June 27, 2020BRISTOL — The Bristol Community Events Committee is excited to bring the music to Kelley Park again this year by announcing that the Summer Concert Series will be taking place! However, due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, there will be some adjustments in how the concerts are conducted. The committee looks forward to hosting the concerts and is hopeful that those who attend will adhere to the following safety guidelines put forth for the summer concerts.
Here is an outline of what concert goers can expect as the concerts begin this year.
• The Bristol Summer Concert Series will be held on Thursday nights from 6:30 – 8:00 pm at Kelley Park during the months of July and August.
• The concerts will be held outdoors only in Kelley Park. If the weather does not cooperate for an outdoor concert, there will be no back up indoor location and the concert will be cancelled.
• A decision to cancel will be made by 2:00 pm the day of the concert and while that may seem early for some, many bands need to prepare and make travel plans and will need to be contacted before they get on the road.
• In the event of cancellation – the committee will attempt to 'reschedule' for another mutually agreed upon date during July and August of 2020. Open dates will include days of the week other than Thursdays. So please watch websites and social media for rescheduling updates.
• Concert goers will be asked to social distance themselves and arrange their seating a MINIMUM of 6 feet away from other non-household attendees.
• Attendees must bring their own blankets and chairs for seating.
• Concert attendees will not be allowed to sit any closer than 25 feet to the concert pavilion. There will be markers / signage indicating this.
• Only band members will be allowed under the concert pavilion.
• Attendees are encouraged to bring masks to wear when passing close by to others in attendance.
• Kelley Park rest rooms and portable toilets will be available for use; however, the public will be using such facilities at their own risk and signs to that effect will be posted.
• No refreshments will be sold at Kelley Park concession stand this year. However, attendees are encouraged to bring their own drinks & snacks, or why not pick up some 'take-out' from your favorite Bristol restaurant! No alcoholic beverages are allowed at Kelley Park. We are asking that people follow a "Carry In, Carry Out" policy in regard to trash.
• The playground area next to the Pavilion at Kelley Park will not be available for use.
As the course of the pandemic in New Hampshire evolves, concert guidelines and participation may be adjusted to follow State and CDC recommendations.
Following is a list of performers & concert dates. Concerts begin at 6:30 pm and end at 8:00 pm:
Thursday, July 2 - Uncle Steve Band
Thursday, July 9 - The Bel Airs
Thursday, July 16 - Annie & the Orphans
Thursday, July 23 - The Blacklite Band
Thursday, July 30 - The Cole Robbie Band
Thursday, Aug. 6 - Jackie Lee & the Cold Steel Ramblers
Thursday, Aug. 13 - Carroll Brown
Thursday, Aug. 20 - Audrey Drake Trio
Thursday, Aug. 27 - Michael Vincent Band
Saturday, Aug. 29 - Studio Two – Beatles Tribute
A number of large events within the Newfound Region have already been cancelled this year, and the Community Events committee did make the difficult decision to cancel the traditional Old Home Day, scheduled to take place on Aug. 29. You will see by the schedule that the committee was able to add a couple of extra concerts in to help fill the void left by the cancellation of Old Home Day and the Rotary Penny Sale, in hopes of bringing some much needed and more manageable entertainment to the community.
Again, the committee is hopeful that those who attend will adhere to the safety guidelines put forth for the summer concerts and must remind people that if the concerts become unusually crowded and/or people are not practicing safe distancing or other safety guidelines the concerts may be cancelled at any time.
Questions regarding the summer concert series can be directed to the Town of Bristol at 744-3354, the Tapply Thompson Community Center at 744-2713 or via email to email@example.com.