flag image
Castleberry Fairs

East Hebron Schoolhouse added to Register of Historic Places


May 09, 2019
HEBRON — The New Hampshire Division of Historical Resources is pleased to announce that the State Historical Resources Council has added eleven properties to the New Hampshire State Register of Historic Places.

The one-room East Hebron Schoolhouse, built in 1888, is one and a half stories with a recessed porch under a gable front roof. The classroom space still has its historic wood floors, wainscoting, slate chalkboards and woodstove. It was in use until 1942, when its students were sent to the town's Village School.

Anyone wishing to nominate a property to the New Hampshire State Register of Historic Places must research the history of the nominated property and document it on an individual inventory form from the New Hampshire Division of Historical Resources. Having a property listed in the Register does not impose restrictions on property owners. For more information, visit nh.gov/nhdhr.

New Hampshire's Division of Historical Resources, the State Historic Preservation Office, was established in 1974 and is part of the NH Department of Natural and Cultural Resources. NHDHR's mission is to preserve and celebrate New Hampshire's irreplaceable historic resources through programs and services that provide education, stewardship, and protection. For more information, visit us online at nh.gov/nhdhr or by calling 603-271-3483.

Tiffany Eddy
Martin Lord Osman
Thanks for visiting SalmonPress.com